Tarleton’s student artists featured in gallery

The art gallery at the Clyde H. Wells Fine Arts Center of Tarleton State University will be featuring the work of art students under the direction of professors Sharon Seelig, Mark Davis and Chris Ireland.

The student show is an annual display put on by the Fine Arts Department of Tarleton State University. It is open for any student taking art classes in the current semester to submit their greatest works to, whether or not the student is an art major. The 2013 show contains work from the likes of graduating senior art majors Tyler Siegrist and Lewis Straughter, both of whom will also be featured in an upcoming senior art show.

Siegrist creates portrait drawings, drawings, sculpture, and even incorporates video into his artwork. All of it can be seen in the current student art show.

“The benefit of the student show is to showcase individuals’ creativity to the student body and the larger community,” Siegrist shared. “It also helps students see their work in a professional gallery setting.”

The student show will be running starting March 27, soon to be followed by the Senior Art Shows, which will cover a span of a few weeks leading up to May 3. The gallery is open on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and there is no cost for entry.

Additional information concerning the gallery can be found by contacting building manager Lori Larue at (254) 968-9369.