Club Sports Preview

Kristan Bartlett, Contributor

What does Tarleton State refer to its Club Sports as?

Tarleton State University identifies a Collegiate Club Sport as a group of activity fee-paying TSU students, voluntarily organized for furthering their common interests in a physical activity through participation and competition. The Recreational Sports Department administers the risks and responsibilities assumed in participation.

What Club Sports does Tarleton offer?

Rec Sports offers: Golf, Women’s Volleyball, Men’s lacrosse, Women’s lacrosse, Rugby, MMA, Men’s and Women’s Soccer, Co-Ed Running Club, Men and Women’s Basketball, Shotgun Sports, Bass Fishing, and Tennis. Rec Sports is working on establishing some more options as far as Club Sports goes and this year they’re adding on two new additional clubs to the list which will be Co-Ed Power lifting, and Men’s Wrestling.

Interviewee: Daniel Gilmore, Junior

How would you join?

It’s not hard to join and get involved in Club Sports if you’re interested. If you can shoot an email to the coordinator, you can talk to them about joining their sport. You can also ask any questions you may have about what all is offered, and what you will do while you’re incorporated with their team. You’ll also need to make sure that you meet the requirements for the university and the club itself and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA. All tryouts are open for all currently enrolled, degree seeking fee-paying students of Tarleton State University.