Senior athlete spotlight: Joseph Sadler

Haley Smith, Contributor

Joseph Sadler is a senior running back on the Tarleton State University Texans football team. Sadler graduated from Devine High school in 2012. While playing for Devine, Sadler rushed 3,887 yards setting a state record, which helped lead his team to the State Quarterfinals. Finishing his high school career as the third-leading rusher in the nation. After graduation he continued to play for the University of the Incarnate Word for three years, including his redshirt season during 2013. Coming to Tarleton after his junior year in 2015, Sadler recorded three 100-yard rushing games.

JTAC: “What has playing football taught you in life?”

Sadler: “The number one thing would be to never give up. Always fight, even when things are going bad or wrong to keep fighting and things will eventually turn around and go in your favor.”

JTAC: “What do you love most about the game?”

Sadler: “The comradery. Just being around all your brothers and having a good time and playing your favorite sport, that’s what I love the most.”

JTAC: “What’s the best thing about being a student athlete?”

Sadler: “It’s tough, but it teaches us how to manage time well. You don’t have much time between school and the sport. “

JTAC: “What are your plans after graduation?”

Sadler: “I plan on heading back to San Antonio and I’m going to try to get into the Fire Academy. I’ve come such a long way to be a firefighter, so hopefully it’ll all work out”