Klaire Brock The JTAC

Homecoming: Launching of the Ducks

The Launching of the Ducks is one of the youngest Homecoming Traditions Tarleton has to offer. Members of the Tarleton Family will meet at the Reflecting Pool located in front of the Nursing Building to launch their duck. Participants will be given a rubber duck with which they will write on their dreams and/or goals and launch them into the reflecting pool. By launching their ducks, participants are launching towards accomplishing their dreams.

Do:

• Write your short-term/long-term goals/heart-fluttering dreams on your duck.
  • Follow through the goals or dreams you write on your duck.
  • Bring your own rubber duck to launch. Not necessary, but an option.
  • Bring Sharpie markers to use. Feel free to share your markers with other participants. Also not necessary, but would help out a lot.

Don’t:

• Bring an actual duck to the launch. While it may become the highlight of Homecoming, it may pose a danger to participants.
  • Use more than one duck for the launch. If you are using a rubber duck provided by the hosts of the event, practice some Civility and only take one, as to ensure there is enough for everyone.
  • Remove any ducks from the pool that do not belong to you…or any ducks at all. Goes without saying, but doing so would not be cool and would be saddening for the person who launched that duck.
  • Launch your duck too soon. Launching of the Ducks is a memorable moment when participants shoot for their dreams. The moment would be totally ruined if all of a sudden a lone duck started to float all by itself.
  • Bring a rubber duck ten times bigger than the other ducks.

the JTAC • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in