Luke Munchrath/ The JTAC

Chairs remain empty at Silver Taps to honor fallen Tarleton Family members.

Candle Lighting Ceremonies Pt. Two: Silver Taps

Held every year in the Spring Semester, Silver Taps honors the many Tarleton Texans and TexAnns that have passed away. Volunteers carry a lit candle in the name of the deceased Texan and blows the flame out in unison. Putting the flame to rest marks the end of a legacy of a fellow Texan, and Silver TAPS allows the Tarleton Family to honor that person’s legacy for the last time.

Do:

• Volunteer to honor a fallen Texan. Being a candle carrier is an unexplainable experience that will never be forgotten.
  • Encourage others to volunteer or attend Silver Taps. As stated before, it is a moment that wont be forgotten.
  • Show support for the family members present to lay their loved one’s flame to rest. They would truly appreciate the love and support.
  • Silence your electronic devices throughout the event. You don’t wan to be the one to make the moment of silence weird.

Don’t:

• Wear anything inappropriate. This is a serious event, so serious attire is required.
  • Be loud/inappropriate. Once again, this is a serious event, so be respectful to the honored.
  • Blow the candle out too early. While the purpose of the event is to put the flame to rest, the moment would be ruined if the candle was put out too soon. Also, that would be disrespectful towards the honored Texan.
  • Take a selfie with the candle. Silver Taps is the last place you’d want to take a happy-go-lucky selfie.

the JTAC • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in