Residence hall advice for on campus living

The JTAC/ Joseph Wilson

The newest residence hall Traditions North. This building is attached to the wellness center.

1. To avoid damage to the walls, place command strips to use for hanging frames or decorations. Using these will help you avoid being charged for damages on the walls.
  2. Command strips can also be used to hang up curtains for your window, as housing does not provide these. Also use a blackout curtain to not be woken up by a bright sun in your window.
  3. Spend time making your room decorations and be proud of making your home by hanging up what makes you the person you are.
  4. Make more space in your room by lifting the bed to its highest point and placing university furniture underneath.
  5. If you find your bed to be a bit uncomfortable, consider purchasing a bed topper as uncomfortable sleeping conditions can be bad for your health.
  6. Finding a place to study can be hard sometimes. Each residence hall has plenty of study areas for students to get comfortable in.
  7. Check out the lobby for some entertainment. You can meet new people coming in or out, check out some paddles for ping pong, or check out a video game system for other entertainment needs.
  8. Chances are that your Residential Leader made a GroupMe. To get to know the people in your hall, ask in the group if anyone would like to eat or participate in other activities across campus.
  9. Talk to your Residential Leader of ways you can get involved on campus by sharing your interests and they will keep an ear out for you as opportunities present themselves.
  10. Write reminders or positive words on your mirror with a dry erase marker to be reminded of what will keep you moving through the school year.
  11. Don’t go home every weekend and spend time on campus. This can be extra time used to study, do homework, experience Tarleton, or get to know the people around on campus. Using time to travel can take away from all of this.
  12. Desks placed in rooms have an area that can be locked if you have valuable belongings.