Central Texas Wedding Expo to come to Tarleton Sunday

Photo courtesy of Tarleton PREM dept

Photo courtesy of Tarleton PREM dept

Rachel Crawford, Staff Writer

On Sunday, February 28, from 1-5 p.m., Legendary Wedding and Special Events, a program operated by the Tarleton State University Public Relations Event Management, or PREM department, is holding their annual Central Texas Wedding Expo. The expo will be held in the main ballrooms located in the Barry B. Thompson Student Center. The expo is produced and hosted by the Tarleton PREM department.

At the expo, attendees will be able to win door prizes and contests, including gift certificates, gift baskets, a Kendra Scott necklace and more. Vendors will be available for attendees to learn all about planning a wedding and are able to provide one-on-one time learning about topics such as money saving tips or decoration tips. Legendary is also setting up Do-It-Yourself (DIY) booths where attendees can learn how to craft items needed for a wedding.

The grand prize for the day is a free wedding coordinated by Legendary Weddings, so brides-to-be are encouraged to attend in hopes of winning a free wedding while also gaining ideas and learning how to plan a wedding.

During the expo, a fashion show, sponsored by Gracie’s Bridal Boutique of Granbury, Texas, will occur, featuring wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses and tuxedos. The expo has based their theme on the Pantone colors of the year, Rose Quartz and Serenity, so attendees can learn about what trends are happening in 2016.

Since Tarleton Professor Dr. Gay Wakefield passed earlier in the spring 2016 semester, Assistant Professor, Dr. Karley Goen has taken over and has helped the PREM program produce this event.

“She’s always there, every single day, whatever we need,” Stormy Czupil, a PREM student in the tradeshow expo class, spoke about Goen. “I want to make [Dr. Wakefield] proud, and I want to make this the best.”

When asked about the most exciting thing happening at this year’s expo, Czupil stated, “The whole dang thing. Even if you are not a bride-to-be, all students are encouraged to come out and support the Legendary program, and maybe learn a thing or two about planning a wedding.”

Ticket costs for the expo are $5 for adults and $2 for children.