Tarleton introduces program to assist students with interview clothing

Suit Banks offer business-wear to students seeking professional jobs.

Bri Korenek/Staff Writer

Interviews are already stressful enough, and sometimes the last thing students want to worry about is having the appropriate clothing. Tarleton State University is implementing a new resource to help relieve that worry.

John Sharp, Chancellor of the Texas A&M University System, has donated $5,000 to each of the A&M system universities to start up ‘Suit Banks’ after having the idea brought forth by the student body. Suit Banks will provide an opportunity for students to receive articles of clothing to wear for job interviews and keep for further use. Career Services will be in charge of the program for Tarleton.

JTAC News reached out to Alana Hefner, the Director of Career Services at Tarleton, about this new program. According to Hefner, the full procedure for the Suit Banks is still in the preliminary stage, however there will be an application process in order to gain access to it. If a student’s situation meets the guidelines and the application is approved, the student will receive a certain amount of funding to purchase articles of clothing.

“Some students may only need new pants and some may need an entire outfit,” said Hefner. “Each student’s application will be handled on a case by case basis.”

It is assumed that all sizes of clothing will be offered since the program will use online shopping.

The Suit Bank will begin early spring of 2016 and further information will be provided by Career Services Center as the upcoming semester approaches.