Basketball off to a strong start

The Texans, lead by Head Coach Lonn Reisman, had an explosive December and successful Holiday Hoops Classic appearance in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Hilaree Foreman, Managing Editor

The Tarleton State University Texan and TexAnn basketball teams are off to a running start for the 2015 season. The Texans, lead by Head Coach Lonn Reisman, had an explosive December and successful Holiday Hoops Classic appearance in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Texans have kept up their groove with seniors Mo Lee, TaShawn Mabry, Davene Carter and Damion Clemons. Transfer players Malcolm Hamilton and EJ Reed have been able to fit into Reisman’s system of play, leading the Texans in scoring in several wins. However, the Texans’ fight is just beginning with Lone Star Conference games beginning in the spring semester. The Texans hope to achieve a third straight Lone Star Conference Championship and NCAA Division II Tournament.

The TexAnns have also started an excellent 2015 season. Without former Head Coach Ronnie Hearne, who retired last year following a successful 11-year tenure, the TexAnns have been able to keep pace with new Head Coach Misty Wilson, formerly the assistant under former Hearne. Despite having five new freshmen, the TexAnns have found success with seniors Kathy Thomas and Karli Moore leading them, and they are beginning to find their chemistry as a team. 

The Texans and TexAnns both have their eyes set for Allen, TX in March, where they are hoping to repeat another successful season.