Tarleton nursing program ranked among Top 20 in U.S. for 2014

Tarleton State Universitys nursing degree program is ranked 15 out of 20 for the top nursing programs of 2014 by topmedicalassistantschools.com.

Tarleton State University’s nursing degree program is ranked 15 out of 20 for the top nursing programs of 2014 by topmedicalassistantschools.com.

Tarleton State University’s nursing degree program is ranked 15 out of 20 for the top nursing programs of 2014 by topmedicalassistantschools.com. Tarleton is the only Texas school on the list.

According to the website, the schools are ranked by graduation rates, cost of attendance, National Council of State Boards of Nursing Licensure (NCLEX) pass rates and the number of degrees available.

“I believe that Tarleton’s nursing program stands out from other schools because everyone involved strives to be better,” Junior nursing major Heather Smith said. “Whether it’s as students, as nurses, or even better teachers. Nursing school is very challenging and we all work together to get through. TSU in itself feels like family to me, especially my fellow nursing students I’ve created lifetime friends already.”

Tarleton’s nursing program was established in 1976. According to the website, the program has a 39 percent graduation rate and an 82 percent NCLEX pass rate. The total annual cost for the program as stated on the site is $18,118. Tarleton offers both a Bachelor of Science (BSN) and Master of Science in nursing (MSN).

“The tuition here is low enough to merit a higher placement on our top 20 nursing programs list, but the ranking dropped because this school only has two degree programs to choose from. Nevertheless, it is still a great university to consider in Texas,” the website stated.

Tarleton’s four-year baccalaureate program in nursing, which is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, prepares graduates for the NCLEX to become a registered nurse via an academically and clinically challenging degree plan.

“I enjoy being a TSU nursing student because I know it comes from a long line of dedicated and hard working nurses that save lives everyday,” Smith said. “The best part about that is current TSU student nurses get recognized for it and people are excited to watch us grow into nurses. The dedication from everyone around us to succeed is what keeps me going.”