Tarleton student passes away in automobile accident

Tarleton freshman Alex Sikes passed away Tuesday afternoon in an automobile accident on US Highway 281.

Alexander (Alex) Sikes, a Tarleton State University Freshman studying Kinesiology from Hico, passed away in a two-vehicle accident on Tuesday, May 13, 2014.

Sikes was traveling northbound on US Highway 281 when he reportedly crossed over into the other lane and struck a semi heading south. 

The semi caught on fire and the road was closed for a few hours. Officials have stated it’s unclear what caused the accident.

The funeral service for Alex will be held on Friday, May 16 at 10 a.m. at the Hico Football Stadium. The address to the stadium is 614 Kirk Street (Corner of Elizabeth and Kirk).

Family visitation will be held at the First Baptist Church on Thursday, May 15 from 6-8 p.m. The address to the First Baptist Church is 211 Walnut Street, Hico and the telephone number is 254.796.4238.

Harvest Hills Funeral Home in Hico is in charge of the funeral arrangements and is located at 118 Second Street. The telephone number to the funeral home is (254)796-4722. The web address is http://www.harvesthillsfuneralhome.com/

Correction: Sikes had just finished his freshman year at Tarleton, therefor he was considered a Sophomore.