Student Government elections

Students are encouraged to cast their votes for student body senate members today, Monday, April 7 through Wednesday, April 9.

Students are encouraged to cast their votes for student body senate members today, Monday, April 7 through Wednesday, April 9. Positions available include three College of Agriculture and Environmental Science (COAES) seats, three College of Business Administration (COBA) seats, three College of Education (COE) seats, three College of Liberal and Fine Arts (COLFA) seats, three College of Science and Technology (COST) seats, three Greek-PanHellenic seats and three athletic seats as well as one Student Body President seat and one Vice President seat.

Jamee Bell, Jennifer Kiggins, Mackenzie Millican, Delaney Olsen, Haley Simmons and James Sparks are running for COAES.

COBA candidates include Nina Patriarca and Reno Uballe. Ashlee Estes, Brock Mahaffey, Dexter Vaughn and Sierra Jones are running for COE senators.

COLFA senator candidates include: Yaritza Corrales, Logan McCombs and Drew Watson.

Mitchell Bernard, Jessica Eastman, Timanisha Holbert, Hope Ihazah, Andrew Lewis, Chris Marble, Jordan Reeder and Kamryn Thompson are COST candidates.

Ashlyn Dempster, Lura Rylant and Mary Riddle are campaigning for Greek- PanHellenic and Cort Dixon is currently running for IFC.

In the race unopposed is Jay Johnson for Student Body President and Alyssa Byrd for Vice President.

“Although it is always great to see a number of students seek these positions, the fact that we are unopposed has given us the opportunity to get the ball rolling for our term which will serve to benefit the student body,” Johnson said. ”Even though we are unopposed, we think it is of the utmost importance to make efforts to connect with students and present our platform, as is typical with most campaigns.’

Students are encouraged to vote for SGA senators and Student Body President and Vice President through Orgsync today through Wednesday.

“The positions of Student Body President and Vice President exist solely to serve the student body,” Johnson said. “The executive branch of SGA’s two most important roles are the day to day operations of student government and representing the student body’s interests to administration. Alyssa and I are fortunate to attend a school at which so many students are passionate about their educational experience and their fellow students; it is our responsibility to make sure that these students’ concerns do not go unheard.”