SGA President, Vice President, senators inducted into new positions

Newly inducted senators for 2014-2015

Student Government Association members were inducted into the president, vice president and senate seats at last night’s senate meeting.

“The positions of Student Body President and Vice President exist solely to serve the student body,” newly inducted Student Body President Jay Johnson said. “The executive branch of SGA’s two most important roles are the day to day operations of student government and representing the student body’s interests to administration. Vice President Alyssa Byrd and I are fortunate to attend a school at which so many students are passionate about their educational experience and their fellow students; it is our responsibility to make sure that these students’ concerns do not go unheard.”

New members elected to senate by student body vote are as followes: COBA senators Reno Uballe and Nina Patriarca, COAES members Haley Simmons, Delaney Olsen and Jamie Bell, COLFA senators Drew Watson, Logan McCombs and Yaritza Corrales, COE senators Ashlee Estes, Brock Mahaffey and Sierra Jones, COST representatives Chris Marble, Jessica Eastman and Timanisha Holbert, Greek- Interferential council Cort Dixon, Greek- PanHellenic Lura Rylant and Athletic senators Tye Doty and Robert Hinton.

“During our term we want to emphasize quality not quantity,” Johnson said. “We are open to expansion and growth and would like more involvement from each branch of SGA.”

Senators elected to specific seats within the senate were Uballe as Senate Pro Tempore and Bell as Senate Secretary. These positions will work during the meetings to keep order and take down the minutes.

“I am happy to be serving my senate in the upcoming year as the Pro Tempore and cannot wait to see what this group can do to help change Tarleton and the student body for the better,” Uballe said.