Lights! Camera! Action!

The students of Tarleton State University will present their amateur films Thursday, April 25 at the 8th Annual Film Festival.

The screenings will begin at 7 p.m. in the O. A. Grant Humanities Building, Room 118 and is free to all of those who wish to view the short films.

There will be between 10 and 15 videos shown, all written and directed by Tarleton students, with guidance from faculty members. Each student’s film will be competing for a grand prize that will be judged by fellow students and past winners.

Whitney McCorkle, senior Communications major, has entered a film entitled “The Proposal.” She got the idea for the film after two close friends got engaged early in the semester.

“When brainstorming for a film to produce I thought about how I just absolutely love engagement stories. I love to hear all the details about how “he did it” from friends and I thought since I will never get the opportunity to actually propose to someone myself, that I could use some creativeness and do one for my video,” McCorkle said.

McCorkle learned many lessons while she was creating her short film.

“This process has taught me to appreciate the film-making business a lot more! It takes hard work and dedication to make something like this and I know I could not have done it without amazing people in my life to help me. I also learned that not procrastinating really pays off and I am thankful that I was able to finish my film early,” McCorkle said.

For more information contact Dr. Robert Anderson at 254-968-9853 or at [email protected]