Tournament for Colt

On March 29, at Tarleton State University the “Tournament for Colt” was held in the Recreation Sports Center.

According to freshman Michelle Golob, the tournament was held to raise money for Colt Price. He was in a car accident in December, and graduated in the hospital. She went on to say “This is actually a tournament for Colt.”

Golob said that the money from the entry fees from the teams as well donations given by students will go to Price’s medical bills.

Golob also said that a total of six teams signed up to participate in the basketball tournament.

James Han who played on one of the teams in the tournament said he heard it that the tournament was a charity event for a student that got in a car accident.

Han who was on the team that won the first game joked when he said “It feels good because we worked really hard. It was a well deserved win.”

Han said he was there to play basketball. With joking aside, he added that it felt good to help support the cause for Price “because we’re doing it for a good cause.”

Daniel Hamilton said he was there to support a charity. He said “It’s called ‘Tournament for Colt’, it’s for a guy who got in a wreck last semester and still is in the hospital and his family’s bills are like, outrageous.”

Hamilton added that it’s pretty amazing to do something I like and help out a good cause. “I know that the Tarleton guys, the basketball guys, go around and go out in the community and do stuff and I mean, that itself makes kids look up to you. And makes you a big role in their life and doing this maybe it will help all the people around campus and whatnot think how important stuff like this is.”