Amy Cline remembered

On March 5 Amy Cline, a 21-year-old senior curriculum and instruction major, passed away after a struggle with gastric cancer. Cline was from Granbury, Texas, and was involved in Tarleton Professional Educators, choir and the Baptist Student Ministry.

Amy’s memorial service will be held on Thursday, March 8 at 11 a.m. at Brazos Covenant Ministries in Granbury.

Her friend Amanda O’Shields was kind enough to give us insight into this young woman’s life.

“She had an amazing laugh,” said O’Shields. “She was full of spirit and full of life,” describing her enchanting and fun personality, she added, “She was instantly everyone’s friend.” “She was crazy, every year she changed her hair color.”

Cline had planned on teaching special education, although, “she had thought about attending nursing school while in the hospital,” said O’Shields. Cline and O’Shields had shared a fear of needles and hospitals, and Cline wanted to work with young people in similar situations; young people diagnosed with cancer.

“Last Thursday she was eating chocolate donuts and chocolate milk.” said O’Shields, because Amy was having her stomach removed, she was unconcerned with what she ate, staying lively and vibrant even with the danger ahead of her.

O’Shields said the last time she saw Cline, that Cline had said, “the next time you see me, I’ll be healed.” O’Shields added, “The cancer didn’t beat her she beat it,” and that, “she’s in a better place, I know where she is.”

“She passed away with her family all around her,” said O’Shields, “I’m going to miss sharing life with my sister; sharing the fun stuff.”

“Her life impacted more people in 21 years than most people do in 80.” said O’Shields.

“Amy would want us to celebrate her life.” said O’Shields, and not focus on her passing.

Between O’Shield’s high opinion of Amy and the outpouring of affection on her facebook wall, it is obvious that the Tarleton student body is lesser without her.

Those wishing to send cards or notes of condolences to Amy’s family, can mail them to:

The Family of Amy Cline

1416 E. Seneca Ct.

Granbury, TX 76048-6395

Wiley Funeral Home is in charge of the memorial service. They are located at 400 E. Highway 377, Granbury, and can be contacted by phone at 817-573-3000.

Individuals who are grieving the loss of Amy may contact the Student Counseling Center, located in room 212 of the Thompson Student Center, to make an appointment call 254-968-9044.

The J-TAC extends its deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Amy Cline, and asks that Tarleton students keep Amy’s family and friends in their thoughts and prayers.