Zeta Phi Beta Southern Region Undergraduate Retreat

This week Tarleton State University’s chapter of Zeta Phi Beta is hosting the annual Zeta Phi Beta Southern Region Undergraduate Retreat. Representatives from 20-30 Chapters from Texas and Louisiana are coming to campus for a charity dance and a day of sisterhood and workshops.

The Charity Dance takes place Friday Feb. 17 from 8-11 p.m. in the Barry B. Thompson Student Center Ballrooms. The dance is casual and open to the public. Ticket prices are $1 for Zeta Phi Beta members, $3 for members of other Greek organizations and $5 for the general public. Proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Erath County.

Saturday’s events start at 9 a.m. and will be dedicated to “getting back to our roots,” said Allyson Williams president of Sigma Omicron, Zeta Phi Beta. The workshops are “empowering for young women” and bring the sisters in the Southern Region together. Sheryl Underwood, the national president of Zeta Phi Beta and CBS daytime co-host of “The Talk,” was the planned keynote speaker for the workshops but due to scheduling issues she is unable to attend. “We are very sad that she won’t be able to make it, but we understand and the show must go on” said Williams. The last event on Saturday is a pageant to nominate a Zeta Phi Beta Member to go to the National Pageant.