Tarleton hosts Library Lovers week

Courtesy of tarleton.edu

Kristen Bowman, Contributor

This week is Library Lovers week at the Tarleton State University Dick Smith Library.

“Students just need to stop by the library!” explained Kym Schow, Coordinator for Access Services.

Students will be able to pick up Hershey’s Kisses, buttons and ‘100’ key chains that were made by the 3D printer to celebrate the 100th anniversary of joining the A&M System. The employees of the library will be scattering out a few of the key chains each day of the week. In the front lounge of the library, students are encouraged to write what they love about the library on sticky notes.

This week is important because it helps educate the library staff and professors on what students love about the library. The employees of the library try to make the library a welcoming place; they strive to make the library a place where the academic needs of the student are provided.

Last year, many of the students participated in writing what they loved on post-it notes.

“We loved reading all the different things people write about the library on post-its last year,” stated Schow. “It lets us know what we’re doing right.”

Schow said that her and the library staff are hopeful that students will take a minute to consider their personal experiences in the library and other libraries that they have been in. All students, professors and staff are encouraged to join in on loving the library.