Tarleton nursing program named sixth most affordable in state

Rachel Crawford, Associate Editor

According to collegechoice.net, Tarleton State University was recently named number six in the “10 Most Affordable Nursing Degrees in Texas for 2017.”

With an average tuition of $6,630, only five other schools have cheaper nursing programs than Tarleton. Numbers one through five were the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, University of Houston – Victoria, Texas A&M University – Central Texas, Texas A&M University – Commerce and Texas A&M University – Texarkana.

“We appreciate the recognition and especially being able to spread the word about our affordable, student-focused BSN and MSN degrees!” Dr. Susan Rugari, Associate Professor and Head of the Nursing Department, said.

A couple of nursing students shared why they love the Tarleton nursing program.

“I chose Tarleton nursing because of how prestigious their program is. It’s very hands on and they push you beyond your own limits because they know you can do it,” junior Amanda Cano said. “The professors want you to succeed and be the best nurse possible. They prepare you for real life situations and I always feel prepared and eager when heading into the clinical setting.”

“Each and every one of my professors care about my future patients so much that they dedicate their time into making me the best nurse that I can be. Whether it’s with writing concept maps to bedside manner, they always take the time out to give me feedback. I have been very pleased and I am excited for my next two semesters!” junior Cecilia Flores said.

The Tarleton nursing department offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Alternate Entry BSN (LVN-BSN) and Alternate Entry BSN (RN-BSN) programs.

For more information about the nursing program, visit tarleton.edu/nursing or call 254-968-9139.