Meet your 2017 Homecoming Court

Rachel Crawford, Associate Editor

Meet your nominees for the 2017 homecoming court!

Homecoming Queen Nominees:

Cristina Neeley

Cristina is a senior Interdisciplinary Studies major with a 4-8 Math and Science Certification from Rockwall, Texas. She has been a member of Delta Phi Epsilon since fall 2014 and has served as the Vice President of Programming since November 2015. Cristina has also been a member of Renaissance Scholars and a Texan Rep since the spring 2017 semester. She has worked at the Welcome Center since January 2016. Cristina is also a Tarleton Transition Mentor for the class of 2020 and took part in the 2017 May Fete. Currently, Cristina has also been helping build the bonfire.

Madison Minor

Madison is a senior Child and Family Studies major, with a double minor in Psychology and Social Work from Decatur, Texas. Madison is apart of the Tarleton Activities Board Executive Team, a three year TTM veteran and one year as Student Director, a member of Delta Zeta, a Tarleton Ambassador, a member of the Vice President Student Advisory Board, a member of Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society and an intern in Student Involvement, Tradition, Spirit and Family Relations.

Ashley Armstrong

Ashley is a senior Business Marketing major from Round Rock, Texas. She is apart of Delta Zeta, Orientation Staff, Phi Gamma Beta, Panhellenic Rho Gamma, FYS Committee and the Texan Reps. Ashley is also a TTM, on the 2017 Bonfire Committee and the Panhellenic Executive Board.

Ansley Jenkins

Ansley is a senior Psychology major from Rockdale, Texas. She is the Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority President, Student Director of the 2017 Tarleton Bonfire, a member of the National Honor Society of Leadership and Success, and Psi Chi National Honor Society and a former Purple Poo and president. Ansley is currently a student worker in the Student Affairs office.

Melina Mueller

Melina is a senior Interdisciplinary Studies EC-6 major from Breckenridge, Colorado. She is on the Freshman Representative Council, the Student Government Association Executive Board, a member of Delta Zeta, a Residential Leader and Senior Residential Leader, a TTM and Orientation Staff. Melina is also the SGA congressperson for the College of Education and a recipient of the John Tarleton Spirit Award.

Homecoming King Nominees:

Lee Smith

Lee is a Business Management major with a minor in Economics from Carrollton, Texas. He is involved with the Plowboys, Tarleton Lacrosse and the Texan Reps.

Matthew Hill

Matthew is a senior Agriculture Communication major from Miles, Texas. He has been an Alpha Gamma Rho executive for two and a half years. Matthew is the InterFraternity Council president and is also an exec for the 2017 Bonfire. He has been a TTM and Orientation Staff for three years and is a part of the Re-Imagining Freshman Year subcommittee. Matthew is also on the Tarleton Activities Board, is on the Student Advisory Council, and is a Delta Zeta Beau.

Wade Johnson

Wade is a senior General Studies major from Fruitvale, Texas. He has been a TTM and Orientation Staff for two years. Wade is also a part of the Texan Reps, the 2017 Bonfire Executive Committee, the Re-Imagining Freshman Year subcommittee and a Tarleton Ambassador. He is also a Delta Phi Epsilon Beau and a Sigma Chi exec.

Marc Martinez

Marc is a senior Mechanical Engineering Technology major from Houston, Texas. He is on the Bonfire exec team, has been a TTM for the past two years, a member of FarmHouse and was on the Tarleton Rugby team.

Art Hernandez

Art is a junior Kinesiology major from Georgetown, Texas. He is a current Tarleton Ambassador, an SGA congressman for the College of Education, has been a member of the Tarleton Track and Field team for the past two years and is a current member of the Adopt-A-Campus project for Tarleton. Art served as a Student Director in the TTM program during the 2016-2017 summer and is currently a student worker for the Office of Student Involvement, Tradition, Spirit and Family Relations.

To vote for Homecoming King and Queen, click here and log in with your NTNET credentials. Voting ends tomorrow, Oct. 25!