Wyatt Flores “Life Lessons”

The Red Dirt Sound series

Wyatt Flores, an Oklahoma native made his debut release of “Travelin Kid” in the spring of 2021. Flores’ inspiration stems from his father’s journey in the red dirt scene and his experience growing up with it as a child. Following his upbringing, the artist’s song blew up on social media, specifically TikTok. This slingshotted Flores front-and-center in the eyes of his audience. In 2022, Flores released “Please Don’t Go” as a single that also blew up on social media and garnered 50 million streams across all streaming services. This, along with having procured future opening acts for artists such as Charles Wesley Godwin and 49 Winchester, leads us to recognize the growing potential of this up and coming artist.  

On Nov 17, Flores released his new album “Life Lessons” a seven song series which follows his early career and the experiences within it. Flores told Music Row in an interview, Life Lessons is a series of stopping points in the timeline of my early career. From carefree to caring so much you wind up feeling alone. From being a nobody to being somebody who you don’t even know. From never moving to holding on by a thread. This is the story of my pursuit of happiness while looking out the rearview.”

The first song, “Orange Bottles” speaks on Flores journey with mental health and the flash back to his early career with the line, “empty orange bottles and dirty white pills, scattered on the floor of cheap hotels, mold in the bottom of my coffee cup, somehow I still gotta wake up,” and the line, “room full of eyes I’ve never seen, starin’ like a deer in the high beams, tell me I’m nothin’ with your dirty looks, judge me by the cover, throw away the book” highlights his experiences in the beginnings, respectively. Flores also touches on the process of losing oneself and rediscovering with the line, “Cause it’s so hard to keep my head up feelin’ like I’m out on the run yeah, who am I kiddin’? Who havе I become?”

In the artists’ album,  song five, “West of Tulsa,” and song six, “Holes,” speak of the issues within Flores’ relationships and his journey in finding himself with the lines, “’Cause I’ve been a girl’s last call when the bar’s closin’ down, I’ve been a guy on stage to the face in the crowd, somethin’ ’bout wakin’ up in a cheap hotel, makes me wanna be somebody to somebody else.”

Wyatt Flores as an artist subscribes to that classic singer-songwriter sound that the red dirt audience craves and is a breath of fresh air for the scene. In just a short amount of time he has created a name for himself and will continue to do so for albums and songs to come. 

For more information about Wyatt Flores and to see his upcoming tour date, please visit www.wyattfloresmusic.com