Giving Tuesday is embodies Tarleton’s core values

The JTAC Brittainie Cason

The flags in front of Tarleton State University located off of West Washington Street.

One very special day is coming up, a day to highlight our acts of service and kindness to others and kick off the 2019 holiday season on Giving Tuesday. Join students, faculty, alumni, and others all around the world to support Tarleton State University as we transform into tomorrow’s professional leaders. On Giving Tuesday you can help others through the gift of your time, donations, goods or your voice.

Tarleton is a university centered around core values, one of which is service. Each of the seven core values is engrained in every student, and as a campus, we strive to uphold these values each and every day. Giving Tuesday is a perfect example of just that.

Dec. 3, 2019 is Giving Tuesday, a day for global generosity, unleashing the power of the people and organizations to transform communities and the world around them. Giving Tuesday was introduced in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do and share good.

Over the past seven years, the once simple idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate philanthropy and generosity. Tarleton State University has participated in Giving Tuesday since 2017. It is highly encouraged to be a part of this year’s global philanthropic movement by giving to your favorite college, academic department, scholarship, student life activity group, or athletic program.

It is important to be the reason, each and every day more than 13,000 Tarleton State University students are working to transform into the professional leaders of future generations. That signifies more than 13,000 dreams and giving a gift on Giving Tuesday can help a student’s

academic dreams come true. Giving Tuesday encourages everyone to be the reason another student succeeds at Tarleton. Once you’ve made your gift, take a moment to share this movement with your friends, family members, and other Tarleton Texans. Share your reason why, share what motivates you to give, and be the influence as to why someone else gives.

Tarleton strives to do the best to honor donors’ choices. If there are any questions about a specified gift, the donor will be contacted by Tarleton staff in charge of Giving Tuesday. Tarleton State University commits to honoring donor intent by using 100% of each gift for the purpose of which it was designated.

The Giving Tuesday gifts are tax-deductible, using the charitable, tax-exempt status of Tarleton State University, however, all gifts have a minimum of $10. All donations can be made anonymously, and the contribution amount of each gift is not publicly displayed.

These gifts are vital to student success at Tarleton, providing avenues for research, academic enrichment, study abroad programs, student resources, as well as athletics programs.

No gift is too small to make a difference in the lives of students. Everyone at Tarleton is grateful for the Giving Tuesday contributions which enable students to become innovators and problem solvers, committed as alumni to excellence in their careers and communities.

If you want to contribute to a specific cause, but you do not see the choice listed on the https://givingday.tarleton.edu/ website, you can visit https://epay.tarleton.edu/C20203_ustores/web/store_cat.jsp?STOREID=2&CATID=149&SINGLESTORE=true and specifically describe what you want your gift used for.