A Bikini Bottom original

Courtesy of Theater at Tarleton

An ad for the Spongebob musical at Tarleton

Childhood memories are some of the most emotional, funny, and even sad parts of our lives. Whether they be big or small, there are countless things that our brain has attached itself to and refuses to let go. For some of us, that is board games, others it is destinations, but for many, it is television shows. 

Spongebob Squarepants was one of the most popular cartoons growing up. 

“By 2001, SpongeBob was the most popular kids TV show on all of television, beating out every show even on larger TV networks. As many as 15 million people were watching the show on a weekly basis,” weirdmarketingtales.com wrote on the website. 

This cartoon became a staple for many children in the early 2000s. We loved it then and many of us continue to love it today. 

If you are one of the many people that continues to love this yellow sponge, then make sure to come to the ‘The SpongeBob Musical’ being held by the Tarleton theatre.

“Theatre at Tarleton and the Department of Performing Arts will present The SpongeBob Musical at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 22-25 and 2 p.m. Feb. 26 in the Clyde H. Wells Fine Arts Center Auditorium,” Marketing and Communications sent out in an email. 

Luckily, these performances are not only for the students or campus workers, you may bring your family, friends, or anyone who loves the Bikini Bottom to this show. 

Tickets range from $10 for adults; $8 for senior citizens, children and Tarleton faculty and staff; and $5 for students..

While this show will bring out all the characters we love and enjoy, they are going to have to work together to save their home. Bikini Bottom is in some big trouble.

“When the citizens of Bikini Bottom discover that a volcano will soon erupt and destroy their humble home, SpongeBob and his friends must come together to save their undersea world. With lives hanging in the balance and all hope lost, a most unexpected hero arises. The power of optimism really can save the world,” the email explains.

While many are awaiting this once in a lifetime show, these actors have worked very hard to provide a great experience for everyone who attends. 

“The cast features John David Dvorak as SpongeBob, Charlie Smith as Eugene H. Krabs, Clay Luton as Patrick Star, Benny Brown as Sandy Cheeks, Sarah Adams as Sheldon J. Plankton, Tiffany Wynne as Squidward Q. Tentacles, Phillip Skinner as Patchy the Pirate, Anna Lee Williams as Pearl Krabs and Lexi LaCour as Perch Perkins,” the email stated. “Bella Jarmon is the Mayor of Bikini Bottom, Paizlee Haby is Old Man Jenkins, Cassidy Early is Mrs. Puff, Jakob Matthews is Larry the Lobster, and Reyna Trujillo is Karen the Computer.”

The actors may be who we focus all our attention toward, but the many people who work behind the scenes deserve a round of applause as well. 

“Ensemble performers are J. Roland Crady IV, Andrew Rocha, Lily Peltz, Jakayla Daniels, Alexandra Sanders, Rilee Pinson, Rebecca Franco, Luke Thomas, Emma Brockelman, Jax Malsam, Kalia Bushey and Jocelyn Brockelman,” the email explained. “Behind the scenes, Associate Professor Prudence Jones is directing the play, complemented by scenic designer Andrea Alvair and costume designers Tiffany Wynne and April Garcia. Kyllie Avery is lighting designer, Marcos Garcia the sound designer, Alexandra Shaffer the stage foley and Ethan Hollinger projections designer. Sarah Adams designed hair and makeup, vocal direction is from Tarleton Vocal Professor Iwao Asakura, the music director is Tarleton Director of Bands David Robinson, and the choreographer is Chanell Dayton.”

Together, they have made a wonderful show that the Tarleton Texans and their families are ready to take on. Make sure to check out The Spongebob Musical at the Fine Arts Center between Feb. 22 to 26. Bikini Bottom awaits. 

For more information regarding the popularity of the cartoon “Spongebob Squarepants,” chack out weirdmarketingtales.com/spongebob-squarepants-still-relevant-2022/#:~:text=By%202001%2C%20SpongeBob%20was%20the,Annie%20Awards%2C%20and%20BAFTA%20Awards.

For ticket information, call 254-968-9634.