Doja Cat scandal

New album controversy

Doja Cat has once again graced us with her limitless talent, creative influx, and catchy vocals with the release of her new studio album “Scarlet,” which unveils the singer’s latest spider-like alter ego or persona. The 27-year-old star first unveiled her alter ego, “Scarlet,” in her music video, which received favorable reviews based on its creativity and dream pop-like ballad.

Doja Cat has been known for dropping creative masterpieces such as her hit album “Planet Her” which takes you on a feminist trip to the galaxy, while promoting both women’s empowerment, self-love, and compassion of hope for other women.

Upon reviewing the album, Doja Cat’s creativity,  symbolism delivery, and lyricism was a remembrance  of the early 2000s Lady Gaga. “Demons,” “Agora Hills,” and “Attention” were some of the many favorites from the album. The album has a consistently good tracklist and ad replayability, which is rare in our generation of TikTok trends. 

While Doja Cat’s talent for music is undeniable, the singer is no stranger to being “canceled” for using many racial slurs and coming for a famous artist, Tyler the Creator. Then again in 2020, she was called out for the racial slurs commented on an online chat server for the recent disrespect and blatant disregard to her fanbase, known as “kittens.” It is hard to tell if Doja Cat is just genuinely rude or an internet troll. 

Many fans of Doja Cat think she possesses a certain artistic and creative glamor that peaks at the onset of shock factor. Doja is known for not only dissing her fanbase but subliminal other artists as well. As all of it is part of her image, her charm, and quite frankly her brand.

However, a good tracklist cannot save Doja’s career. Fans are heavily unfollowing the superstar after recent comments about her fan base being “weirdos and strangers” on the social platform X (formally known as twitter). She immediately deleted the comment, but the singer received a lot of backlash. 

The“Scarlet” album has peaked at number two on the billboard 100s and has over five records listed as the top hottest 100. The songs, “Attention,” “Demons,”  “Paint the Town Red,” and “Agora Falls”  are  described to be fan favorites on the billboard 100s. This showcases that whatever plan Doja has for her career, it is clearly working for her image and despite being canceled, she is still bringing home accolades and plaques for her ambition, creativity, and artistic poweress.