Warm hearted wildlife

Wildlife reserves & conservations (featuring Fossil Rim and Longneck Manor)

The beauty of nature is something that humans take for granted on a daily basis. The communities of animal and plant species that traverse the land and seas of our globe are both numerous and boundless. 

As humans, we have only graced this planet for a fraction of the time in comparison to our animal and plant counterparts that have matured and evolved on this Earth beginning 850 million years ago. 

This being said, we owe more than what we can offer to the plethora of other living organisms that have advanced on this planet. Especially seeing that they had built themselves a well-off, abundant environment for themselves before we had the opportunity to dismantle their biodiverse province with the selfish, harmful, pursuits of humankind. 

To combat a small fraction of our wreckage, wildlife enthusiasts, and environmental-based scientists over the course of time have developed a concept referred to as wildlife conservation. 

Wildlife conservation is the practice of protecting and preserving wildlife – plants and animals – along with their respective habitats. Through this concept, there have been creations of wildlife reserves, animal sanctuaries, and other monetizing ecosystem services for plants and animals alike since the notion was first introduced. 

“By conserving wildlife, we are ensuring that future generations can enjoy our natural world and the incredible species that live within it. To help protect wildlife, it is important to understand how species interact within their ecosystems, and how they are affected by environmental and human influences,” The National Wildlife Federation website explained. 

Wildlife preserves have tremendous importance for a multitude of reasons. Primarily, wildlife preserves are notable for their preservation of biodiversity and agricultural sustenance.

Biodiversity commonly refers to the biotic variety of organisms on the Earth; thus, the preservation of biodiversity has an utmost caliber of significance seeing that every living organism on the planet is linked together in some fashion. 

“Mother Nature requires that different species stay connected by means of various food webs. It means that the extinction or demise of one particular species might influence one or more other species down the line,”  the Sewee Association website explained. “Conserving wildlife can be a preventive step to stay safe prior to any unforeseeable environmental issue.”

Furthermore, research motivation is promoted through the presence of wildlife conservation ideals in the aspirations that the existing wild plants in these areas will help to further develop our expertise and production of traditional medicines while enriching the pharmaceutical industry as a whole. 

While there are increasing advances in pharmaceuticals and applicable technologies, it is imperative to have the natural resources necessary on-hand to conduct preliminary trials for potentially life-saving treatments. Through the consistent conservation and monitoring of nature reserves and the organisms they harbor, the possibilities are practically endless in regards to the pharmaceutical realm. 

“More than 50% of the drugs that Americans are currently using are actually developed from plants, animals, and microbial organisms. Chances are that failure to conserve wildlife could cause medical science experts to lose many of their important sources of knowledge,” the Sewee Association website interpreted. 

Moreover, through the evaluation of natural plant-based medicinal experimentation, it is fairly possible that the natural sources provided could be a more efficient alternative than relying on finite, artificial, manmade sources.

Additionally, wildlife reserves and conservations unintentionally advertise for ecotourism, which is characterized by traveling to a natural environment while being mindful of the wildlife that reside in the area and conserving the well-being of nature and the organisms. 

In regards to tourism, there are many animal sanctuaries, animal centers, and zoos across the nation that cater to animals of all types – especially those who have been removed from their rightful habitats – and they seek to advocate and materialize an existence for the animals that simulates an environment similar to what their wild counterparts are used to. 

Fossil Rim in Glen Rose, Texas and Longneck Manor in Fredericksburg, Texas are both examples of interactive local wildlife conservation centers that allow individuals to join in on enrichment activities for their animal residents. 

“Fossil Rim Wildlife Center is dedicated to the conservation of species in peril, conducting scientific research, training of professionals, responsible management of natural resources and public education. Through these activities, we provide a diversity of compelling learning experiences that inspire positive change in the way people think, feel and act with Nature,” the Fossil Rim website encouraged. 

Animal sanctuaries like these are not only blessing curious minds with unforgettable animal encounters, but they also protect, support, and provide for countless species to ensure they live a long, lush, and enriching life that is worth living. 

For information regarding wildlife reserves and conservations and Longneck Manor, please visit https://www.masterclass.com/articles/wildlife-preserves-explained and https://longneckmanor.com/.