Student Spotlight: Brendan Sar

Brendan Sar is a junior business marketing major from Saginaw, Texas.

JTAC: What made you decide to major in marketing?

Brendan Sar (BS): Well I thought I talk too much sometimes, so why not make that my career?

JTAC: Why did you choose to attend Tarleton?

BS: When I toured the campus in high school, the rotating garbage wall in the dining hall caught my attention. I mean, it’s a rotating garbage wall – where does all the food go? But ultimately the family environment and student driven campus were the reason.

JTAC: What campus organizations are you involved in?

BS: I serve as the President of Tarleton Ambassadors, Co-Vice President of Student Relations for SGA, and the President and Founder of Tarleton Club Soccer.

JTAC: What would you consider your greatest accomplishment while at Tarleton?

BS: My greatest accomplishment would be the everyday things that happen. From the subtlest of jokes to the grandest honor, I’ve created the best memories for myself here with my friends, and that’s more than an accomplishment for me.

JTAC: What are your plans after graduation?

BS: I’m going to be on TV. You laugh now, but watch. This quote will be brought up on a talk show.

JTAC: If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

BS: “The Most Interesting Man in the World” from the Dos Equis commercials. Imagine the stories he could tell.

JTAC: What do you like to do in your spare time?

BS: Pick on my girlfriend. She’s a dame. If you knew who it was you’d agree, fellas.

JTAC: If you could change one thing about Tarleton, what would it be?

BS: Nothing. That’s exactly what makes Tarleton what it is – respected traditions, mannered chivalry, and a family-like environment.

JTAC: What is your secret talent?

BS: I can beat you in Mortal Kombat while playing the piano.