Public forums set on upcoming construction projects

JTAC News will provide up-to-date information about the forum once it has concluded.

STEPHENVILLE, Texas—Tarleton State University will hold two open forums May 20—one for the general public and one for the campus community—to discuss short-term construction projects on the Stephenville campus.

The university has engaged Broaddus Planning to help coordinate and formulate the near-term Campus Development Plan for the Stephenville campus that might include construction projects for athletics, parking, housing and potentially academics.

The forum for faculty, staff and students will be 4 to 5 p.m. May 20 in the Clyde H. Wells Fine Arts Center Theatre. The forum for the general public will be 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. May 20 in auditorium. Broaddus Planning will conduct both sessions.

“The major thrust of the planning is to identify logical sites for the next few academic buildings, student residence halls and, potentially, parking garages,” said an email from Tarleton President F. Dominic Dottavio. “These developments will have a major impact on the campus and they need to take into consideration the plans to straighten Washington Street, demolish Davis Hall and Bender and Ferguson residence halls, renovate Memorial Stadium and create an aquatics center, among other things.”