Get to know the May Fete Queen nominees

There are five nominees for May Fete Queen this year.

Trinidee Mitchell

Classification: Junior

Major: Theatre

Hometown: Fort Worth, Texas

Tarleton Organizations: Vice President of Tarleton players, philanthropy chair for Alpha Psi Omega, a writer for improv at Tarleton, a member of Delta Zeta, and former Tarleton Transition Mentor.

What she loves most about Tarleton: What I love most about Tarleton is being able to be myself without anyone judging who I am and what I want to be, whether it is being an actress or a sorority girl and a leader on campus.

Fun fact: I love, love to paint and I collect old perfume bottles.

Katie Griffiths

Classification: Senior

Major: Biological Science

Hometown: Katy, Texas

Tarleton Organizations: Alpha Gamma Delta

What she loves most about Tarleton: I love how Tarleton isn’t just a school feel, it’s a home. It’s truly one big Tarleton family.

Fun fact: I have flown an airplane once.

Destiny Flores

Classification: Junior

Major: Computer Information Systems

Hometown: San Antonio, Texas

Tarleton Organizations: Membership Coordinator in Alpha Gamma Delta

What she loves about Tarleton: I love the unity at Tarleton and how it allows you a home away from home. It’s helped me over the years knowing that I may be far from my real family in San Antonio but there is always someone on campus that is there for me.

Fun fact: I went backpacking in four countries in one summer on $2,000.

Rachel Vrana

Classification: Senior

Major: Kinesiology

Hometown: Keller, Texas

Campus Organizations: Delta Zeta, Omicron Delta Kappa, Texan Reps, intramural sports, LEADS, and SWAT

What she loves most about Tarleton: The thing I love most about Tarleton is how friendly and welcoming everyone is. It’s so easy to make friends from the first moment you step on campus. I could literally walk across campus and see people I don’t know and every single one of them would say “hi” to me. This also applies in class, where if you don’t know anyone, within the short semester you could meet one of your best friends.

Fun fact: I was a starter on the varsity collegiate soccer team at UT Dallas before I transferred to Tarleton.

Hillari Raemsch

Classification: Junior 

Major: Communications

Hometown: Bastrop, Texas

Tarleton Organizations: Delta Zeta, Tarleton Transition Mentor, Sigma Alpha Pi Honor Society, Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, and LEADS.

What she loves most about Tarleton: I love that Tarleton State has given me infinite opportunities to grow as a leader and serve others. By applying the core values to everyday life, Tarleton has encouraged me to embrace school pride, respect tradition and be a part of something bigger than myself.  

Fun fact: On each foot I have a set of webbed toes.