RHA to host Team Up to Clean Up

Team Up to Clean Up takes place every year before Texan Tour.

The Tarleton State University Residence Hall Association will host Team Up to Clean Up this Friday, April 4 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. The event is thrown every year before Texan Tour.

Student teams are challenged to collect the most recyclable trash on campus. Teams are invited to meet at the Hunewell Bandstand on campus where they will prepare to battle for first place and a free pizza party. This competition is geared towards both student individuals and campus organizations.

“What we are doing right now is we are going toward the Greek students because this can count as service hours,” Residence Hall Association representative Faith Morgan said. “Also, you’ve got students that just want to help out and make the campus look better. There is only so much that the ground workers can do.”

Rules have been set into place to prevent the competition from getting out of hand by RHA executives. Executives will also be wearing name tags to help direct and referee the competition.

“No dumpster diving,” Morgan joked. “No bringing in your own trash or stealing someone else’s trash. It’s free pizza, so you never know what someone will do.”

As a relatively new organization on campus, RHA hopes that not only will this do service to the campus, but that students will also become interested in helping RHA create a positive influence for Tarleton student residents.

“RHA is really looking for recruitment right now. We’re still a new organization,” Morgan elaborated, “and we are still trying to build upon what we already have going.”

The winner will be determined by whoever has the heaviest bag, and the first place prize is a pizza party.

Students who are interested in more information on future RHA competitions or learning how they can become more involved with the association are invited to attend RHA meetings at 5:30 p.m. every Tuesday at Legacy Hall.