HungerU at TSU

HungerU aims to challenge students to start talking about the world’s food crisis.

Tarleton State University will host HungerU this Thursday, April 10 and Friday, April 11 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the pavilion between the Thompson Student Center and the dining hall.

HungerU is an event sponsored by the Farm Journal Foundation and Farmers Feeding the World. It will feature a 40’ x 40’ mobile education classroom with flat-screen digital displays, kiosks and HungerU staff, who will educate students about world hunger.

“HungerU… travels to college campuses and engages with students to spread awareness about global hunger and informs them about the role that modern farming can play to help solve this issue,” Melissa Baumgartner, media contact for HungerU, said.

According to a press release about the event, hunger is the number one killer in the world.

“The greatest challenge of the next generation will be to feed the exploding world population,” the release said. “Students, the leaders of tomorrow, will need to work together to produce more food for the planet than all of the generations that have come before them.”

HungerU hopes to educate students about the growing need for a solution to world hunger with facts about the world population that they may not be aware of.

“Two billion people will be added to the planet’s population between now and 2050, requiring more food than has been produced in the past 10,000 years combined,” the press release explained. “To educate students about this daunting challenge, HungerU travels to university campuses around the nation and inspires students to take action to solve global hunger.”

More information about HungerU can be found at www.HungerU.com.