TAT, Student Counseling Center promote alcohol safety during spring break

Students were asked to write down their strategies for a safe break and pose for a photograph.

The Student Counseling Center and Tarleton Alternative Transportation (TAT) are promoting Safe Break Week by asking students how they will stay safe on their spring break adventures next week. The students who participated will have their pictures and quotes posted in the Tarleton Focus section of the Tarleton State University homepage.

“Safe Break Week takes place the first week in March before spring break to show students how the decisions they make while intoxicated affect not only themselves, but everyone around them,” Christopher Allen, Graduate Assistant for TAT and the Student Counseling Center, said.

TAT and the Student Counseling Center wanted to present students with information during Safe Break Week.

“Students need to make safe and responsible plans to protect them from the potential hazards associated with alcohol,” Melissa Robbins, Graduate Assistant for the Student Counseling Center and involved student in Outreach for Alcohol and Other Drug Violence Prevention Operations, said.

For more information on Safe Break Week, visit the Student Counseling Center located on the top floor of the Student Center or contact members of TAT for a free ride home from the bar on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 10:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. at (254) 968-1828.