Tarleton seeks to add sororities

Media Relations

More than 350 women, the largest number ever, have registered to participate in women’s formal sorority recruitment to be held Sept. 4-8 at Tarleton. Students will be participating in recruitment parties to be held each evening hosted by Tarleton’s three Panhellenic sororities: Alpha Gamma Delta, Delta Zeta and Phi Mu. Those selected for membership will receive formal bids from these organizations on Sept. 8.

The Office of Student Leadership Programs is currently seeking to expand membership on Tarleton’s Panhellenic Council. Representatives from two national sororities, Alpha Sigma Alpha and Delta Phi Epsilon, will be visiting campus on Sept. 24-25. During their visits the sororities will have the opportunity to meet with administrators, campus constituents, current members of the Panhellenic Council and those interested in their presence on campus. The Office of Student Leadership Programs seeks to add an additional sorority that will be able to recruit members on campus in the spring of 2013.

“We are excited to be in the position of adding a new sorority to our Panhellenic Council,” said Johnny Robinson, director of student leadership programs. “We look forward to showcasing a thriving and viable Greek system to those sororities that will visit Tarleton later this month.”

With the increased number of women participating in recruitment over the last several years, current members of Tarleton’s Panhellenic Council voted to expand membership during the 2011-2012 academic year.

In addition to Panhellenic sorority recruitment, the six members of Tarleton’s Interfraternity Council (IFC) will be holding formal recruitment Sept. 17-22, and the seven fraternity and sorority members of Tarleton’s InterGreek Council (IGC) will be holding their respective recruitment processes during the fall 2012 semester.

For more information about any of Tarleton’s Greek Councils or specific chapters, please visit the Greek Life website at www.tarleton.edu/greeklife.