Summer commencement set for Aug. 11

Media Relations

Summer commencement exercises at Tarleton State University will be held Saturday, Aug. 11. Approximately 440 graduates will receive diplomas.

The Colleges of Education, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, and Science and Technology will conduct their graduation ceremonies at 10:30 a.m. The Colleges of Business Administration and Liberal and Fine Arts will conduct their graduation ceremonies at 2 p.m.

Both programs will be held in Wisdom Gymnasium in the Health and Physical Education Complex on campus. Dr. F. Dominic Dottavio, president of Tarleton, will serve as presiding officer for both ceremonies.

Tarleton will award 299 undergraduate and 142 graduate degrees during the two ceremonies.

Two separate Master’s Hooding ceremonies for all graduate degree candidates have been scheduled in various locations on campus, including: 9 a.m. ceremonies – College of Education – Barry B. Thompson Student Center Ballrooms; and the Colleges of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and Science and Technology – Joe W. Autry Agricultural Building, Room 113. At 12:30 p.m. the College of Business Administration and College of Liberal and Fine Arts will hold a joint hooding ceremony in the theater of the Clyde H. Wells Fine Arts Center.

The presentation of Departmental Outstanding Graduates will precede each college’s processional. The graduates, selected by the administration and faculty in the student’s major department, are chosen for excelling in leadership as well as academics.

The honorees include: Chris Langston of Blum, Kinesiology; Ashleigh Byrd of Alvarado, Agricultural and Consumer Sciences; Kristine Schneider of Waterloo, Animal Science and Wildlife Management; Dedrick Hail of Brownwood, Chemistry, Geosciences and Environmental Sciences; Phillip Pack of Stephenville, Engineering Technology; Charles Stermer of Round Rock, Management, Marketing and Administrative Systems; and Kirby Crow of Lampasas, Social Sciences.

More information about Saturday’s commencement ceremony can be found online at: http://www.tarleton.edu/graduation/.

For directions to Wisdom Gymnasium and maps of the Stephenville campus, visit www.tarleton.edu/campus.