Finance, administration division creates Graham Endowed Scholarship

Media Relations

The university’s Division of Finance and Administration has established the Jerry W. and Jean Graham Endowed Scholarship to honor the retiring vice president of finance and administration after 42 years of service.

The criteria for the newly established scholarship have yet to be determined but will benefit Tarleton students and their pursuit of a college education.

“Mr. Graham has provided exceptional leadership to Tarleton during his 42 years of service. He is truly student-focused, as is evidenced in the work he does to ensure affordability, a safe and secure campus environment, and efficiencies in operations,” said Dr. Cynthia Carter, assistant vice president for finance and administration. “As he gets ready to enter into retirement, I wanted to do something that would truly be fitting of his leadership and service. Since he is all about student success and access, establishing the Jerry W. and Jean Graham Endowed Scholarship on the books of Tarleton was the most fitting means of recognition.”

Mr. Graham will retire May 31 after serving the university’s division of finance and administration in various capacities since joining the Tarleton staff in 1970. He first joined Tarleton as the assistant business manager and subsequently held positions under university presidents William O. Trogdon, Barry B. Thompson, Dennis P. McCabe and F. Dominic Dottavio as business manager, director of business operations, vice president for business affairs, and vice president for finance and administration.

Anyone wishing to honor Mr. Graham by contributing a donation to the endowed scholarship may do so by sending gifts to Lori Jefferies, Office of Advancement Services, Box T-0260, Stephenville, TX 76402.