Partnership with MCC opens new doors

On Friday Tarleton State University announced that they will now be offering a new dual admission option for students attending McLennan Community College in Waco. Students will now have the option to attend two years at McLennan while also being recognized as a Tarleton Texan or TexAnn.

By taking advantage of this new agreement, students currently at the MCC campus will be admitted to Tarleton, even before they are fully ready to enroll in Tarleton classes.

The system will also be set up to allow students access to both campuses at the same time. Dual admission students will be able to take courses on the MCC campus and then, instead of transferring to a partner university, stay on the same campus while earning their degree from Tarleton.

Before entering the new system, students will have to meet all the regular admission requirements for Tarleton. Students need to apply to MCC first, and then complete the dual admission agreement with Tarleton.  

Those who choose to go through the program can receive student benefits. The undergraduates will have access to academic resources from both MCC and Tarleton. Advising centers from both campuses will be open for their use as well.

Director of the University Center at McLennan, Lewis Snell said that, “The benefit to MCC will be that these students can be advised in a more specialized manner and student enrollment can be tracked more closely to offer the most appropriate classes.”

In addition, students enrolled in the dual admission program will have assurance that their classes will transfer to Tarleton and they will still have the opportunity to complete their student teaching in the Waco area.

For more information on this new option, contact the University Center at McLennan Community College at 254-299-8882.