Record enrollment for Tarleton during fall 2016

Arantxa Sosa, Contributor

Tarleton State University has set a record for the total enrollment once again with 13,063 students for fall 2016, making the first-time students the largest they have been in the university with a total of 2,169 students, with an increase in the Hispanic and African American population.

“Tarleton wanted to highlight that not only was the record set for the total enrollment, but also Tarleton’s diverse student population,” Cecilia Jacobs, Public Relations Manager, said.

“By hiring the right faculty, getting the right program, classes, and promoting diversity, Tarleton has been preparing for this for the past several years,” Jacobs said.

In fall 2015, the academic enrollment was at a total of 12,326 according to the Tarleton website. It is clear that the number of student is increasing, and most returning Tarleton students can quickly notice.

The Tarleton website provides information about the requirements for admission for first-time college students. Students accepted are in the top 10% and a part of one of the following: The Distinguished level of achievement under the Foundation High School Program, the Recommended High School Program, or the Distinguished Achievement Program.

Acceptance is also granted to those in the top quarter of their class with SAT/ACT test scores and the second quarter with the new SAT test scores from a minimum of 880 and ACT scores at a minimum of 16. Any student not ranked in the listed quarters will be subject to individual review.