New boutique opened in Stephenville last month

Klaire Brock, Contributor

Syble Bruney opened the doors to her new boutique Thousand Miles on Sept. 8. She chose Stephenville because it is a great location she’ll have the opportunity to serve both college students and adults. Bruney likes the building because she “wanted a building with character and since the items we sell are unique we felt like the building should be too.”

Inside the beautiful space is furniture, pillows, metal wall hanging, glasses, mugs, hats, belts, t-shirts, blouses and dresses. All t-shirts are designed and screen printed by the owner and her daughter. The furniture and metal art is all hand crafted by one of her friends.

Bruney also said they can do custom work with most of their products. She seems hopeful to start to get involved with the university to make some t-shirts and other works.

“We are always looking for new ideas and pieces that the people of Stephenville are looking for,” she said.

The name Thousand Miles was chosen because “I wanted something that was unique and wasn’t attached to any certain category so we can have the freedom to sell anything and have a little bit of everything,” Bruney said.

The name was inspired by the Dwight Yoakam tune – “Thousand Miles from Nowhere.”

Thousand Miles has just started a special deal for Tarleton State University students of 10 percent off your purchase on Thursdays as long as you show your student ID; some exclusions may apply.

For more information, visit the Thousand Miles Facebook and Instagram.

Thousand Miles is located at 160 W. College St. near Greer’s Ranch Cafe.

They are open from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday.