Leading with Love

Valentines Day Recap

Tarleton hosted many events Feb. 14, For Valentines day. The Stephenville campus was filled with Phi Mu fraternity bake sales, Delta Zeta Sororities kissing booth, the Purple Poo and their Poo sign-valentine’s, Fireside chats and more. Greek life, Student Organizations and the Office of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion alike all held events for students and staff to enjoy. 

A highlight of the morning was the Lead With Love Valentines Day Fireside Chat featuring Dr. James Hurley, Tarleton State University President, First Lady Kindall Hurley, as well as inspiring couple Pamela and Michell Ward. 

Held in the Fine Arts Theatre from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Hosted by Dr. Sheri Benn, Vice President of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion, and with the help of Delta Phi Epsilon, the event focused on the accomplishments of the Wards and their lives as a “power couple”.  According to speaker Pamela Ward a power couple are, “People who are together…that are good at what they do…and lead with excellence”.

The Ward couple spoke of their time together as leaders and how much they value their community. They run a company called MW Logistics LLC as well as American Black Rhino. They shared the troubles of working with your loved ones but expressed they would not have it any other way. “This is my wife, the mother of my children, the love of my life, so why wouldn’t I want to spend as much time as I can [with her],” stated Michell Ward.

“We date everyday… you have to capitalize on those small windows of time “Dr. Hurley added about how he and First Lady Kindall choose not to go out for Valentines day but stay in the Trogdan house instead.

During this day you also could see the Phi Mu Fraternity around campus as they were having a bake sale for their philanthropy, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. The girls were scattered around campus with delicious treats for sale. As well as Delta Zeta Sororities Kissing booth that was in front of the TSC for their Hounds for Hearing event.