Purple Picnic Extravaganza

A Day of Purple, Play, and Pride

Every year, the lively Tarleton State University campus in Stephenville, Texas, comes alive with purple and white as students, instructors, staff, and members of the local community gather to celebrate the Purple Picnic. For many years, this beloved custom has been a fixture of Tarleton State’s culture, providing a day of fun, food, and camaraderie. The Purple Picnic is a celebration of belonging and community, not just a picnic. The event, held yearly during homecoming week, allows Tarleton State Texans to unwind, interact, and develop their ties with one another. 

One of the highlights of the Purple Picnic is the mouth watering spread of food. The committee sets up booths selling everything from classic Texas barbecue to fantastic burgers and everything in between. Whether you are craving something savory or sweet, the Purple Picnic has something for everyone. It is the ideal setting for indulging in culinary pleasures while basking in the warm Texas sun. Sports enthusiasts are in for a treat as well. Friendly athletic events such as cornhole, tug-of-war, and even a spirited game of frisbee are common at the Purple Picnic. It is a great method for students to express their competitive spirit while having fun with their peers.

The Purple Picnic is about more than simply food, music, and activities; it is also about giving back to the community. Many students and groups use the event as an occasion to raise funds for charitable causes. The Purple Picnic, whether it is a bake sale, a charity run, or a donation booth, reminds everyone of the significance of giving back and assisting those in need.

This event is at 7 p.m. on Oct. 19 in the Aquatics Center parking lot. It is free for all students and everyone is welcome to enjoy this wonderful event.