Silver Bugle

All the Information you need to assist in your hunt for this years silver bugle

When looking for a fun and interactive homecoming event to get involved with, the silver bugle hunt is without a doubt your best bet. The silver bugle hunt has become one of the most beloved and infamous homecoming week traditions held at Tarleton State University. 

This tradition gained its name and origin from the silver bugle trophy that acted as the prized possession awarded to the winner of the rivalry football game between John Tarleton Agricultural College (JTAC) and North Texas Agricultural College (NTAC).The tradition of passing this trophy between rival football teams began in 1945 and ended in 1958. The final game between the schools resulted in NTAC possessing the trophy. Throughout the years, the trophy eventually went missing and has not been found since.

This homecoming tradition is deep in the roots of Tarleton State and never falls short when it comes to exhibiting an immense amount of Tarleton State University spirit. During this tradition, Tarleton State students are expected to search across campus in teams for the infamous silver bugle trophy. Teams will begin their hunt at the trogdon house and collect clues during their search that will eventually lead them to the location of the silver bugle. The team that is able to pinpoint the location of the silver bugle first is awarded as the winner. 

This fall, the silver bugle hunt will begin at 6 p.m. for teams who signed up, and will end at 8 p.m.