Dual Admission Transfer Program

More opportunities for incoming Texans

Tarleton State University and McLennan Community College have partnered together to form the Dual Admissions Transfer Program.

McLennan is a community college located in Waco. Tarleton State has been a critical part of McLennan’s University Center for 25 years, offering 30 different degree programs and certifications at the Waco campus. 

At the beginning of Tarleton State University campus at McLennan 25 years ago, there were only 30 enrolled students. As of the fall of 2023, there are 800. 

Starting in the fall of 2024, Tarleton State University will be offering the Dual Admissions Transfer Program to freshmen at McLennan who complete their associate’s degree at McLennan to continue their education and earn their bachelor’s degree at Tarleton State. 

Because of this new program, Tarleton State University will also be offering more degree programs and certificates at the McLennan campus in the fall of 2024 as well.

More than promoting access to enrollment, MCC-to-Tarleton fosters access to completion,” Tarleton State President, Dr. James Hurley, said at the Dual Admissions Transfer Program signing. 

According to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, there has been a 66 percent increase in graduation rates for students at community colleges who transfer to Tarleton State. 

“We’re excited about the opportunities this co-admission program brings for our students and our community,” McLennan President, Johnette McKown said. “Our partnership with Tarleton State enables all parties to accomplish more than we could alone.”

Students who enroll in this program will have access to Tarleton State student events and benefits, and will have a steady tuition for when they enroll. 

“We’re turning Central Texas into a hub for educational opportunity. We value our transfer students, welcome them and want them to feel at home as a Tarleton Texan,” Dr. Hurley said.

For more information about the Tarleton State University to McLennan Dual Admissions Transfer Program, visit www.mclennan.edu/uc/Dual%20Admission-Tarleton.html