Taylor Nash

Radio DJ spotlight
Taylor Nash

Taylor Nash is a freshman volunteer radio DJ for 100.7 KTXR The Planet who hosts a “Guess the Dog Breed” show on Wednesday nights.

Nash was born in Detroit, Michigan before her family moved to Texas when she was five years old. After completing high school in Anna, Texas, she chose to pursue a degree in broadcasting and journalism at Tarleton State University.

“I was looking at doing reporting and sports reporting, and that side of it. I’m not exactly sure what I want to do. I just know that as a kid I was always like making YouTube videos or like making stop-motion videos, so this is something that I just like to do for fun,” Nash said.

She wanted to be a veterinarian when she was young because of her love for animals.

“When I was a vet tech assistant, I was seeing all of these different types of dog breeds, and I learned a lot,” Nash said.

The dog that she keeps closest to her heart; the main inspiration behind her show is none other than her German shepherd, Bailey.

“When COVID-19 happened, I was home alone most days and I just hated being home alone. At some point, I just got tired of it. So my dad got me a dog, and that’s when I got Bailey. And she taught me a lot of responsibility,” Nash said. “Bailey was one of the first breeds I talked about because I love talking about her.”

What started as listing random dog facts for each breed progressed to a game where listeners could actually guess the breed that she was talking about.

“Every 15 minutes, I’ll list out two unknown or silly facts about the breed, and then before I end my set in the last 15 minutes, I’ll reveal what breed it was. And I think it’s just kind of fun. I even had friends tune in and text me like, ‘What’s the breed?’ ” Nash said.

This is very on-brand for Taylor Nash because she always enjoys playing games, whether it is on her laptop during class or with her friends.

“I play Roblox with my friends a little too much,” Nash said.

Nash also loves playing board games at game nights hosted by 100.7 KTXR The Planet.

“I like the little community that it has, and I like the Friday game shows that they have and game nights. I like getting a chance to win a record player, I think that’s fun,” Nash said.

Nash also loves listening to rap, which is why she decided on a time slot during the basement hip-hop music selection at night. She enjoys a good variety of music overall.

“I listen to almost all genres except for rock; not a lot of country. I listen to a lot of mainstream songs. I know a lot of well-known songs I should say from different genres,” Nash said.

Overall, Taylor Nash loves having fun with her friends and talking about anything and everything.

Tune into her radio show on Wednesdays from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., “Guess The Dog Breed.” Taylor Nash’s fun-loving, bubbly personality on campus as well as on the radio is sure to get more people listening.

1
View Comments (1)