Parking takes a turn

It is no secret that over the past several years the majority of Tarleton State students have faced issues when it comes to finding adequate parking on campus. These struggles have inspired an immense amount of excitement surrounding the three new parking lots that have been added to the Stephenville campus over the summer. 

After speaking with David Martin, Assistant Vice President for Campus Operations, it has become clear these parking lots will make a substantial difference when it comes to offering quality parking for a wide variety of Tarleton State’s student body. 

According to Martin, these new lots will consist of P12, a purple zone for commuters located on the corner of Cain and Jones Street, P13, an expansion of the already existing red zone for residents located on Cain and Shirley Street, and lastly, P43, a green zone for all students, faculty, and staff located off Washington street near the baseball fields. These parking lots consist of approximately six-hundred spots allowing for plenty of room to accommodate not only returning students, but also the large class of incoming freshmen. 

However, if students are looking for less used lots that offer a larger amount of parking, Martin recommends parking in lots P41, P43, or P17. 

“Tarleton is always looking for opportunities to improve the parking experiences for all of our students, faculty, and staff. We are excited to see progress on Washington and St. Felix with the new parking garage. As always, we will keep campus up to date with any changes that may come,” Martin stated.

In the meantime, students are encouraged to enjoy and utilize the new lots on campus. “Don’t forget to check out lots P41, P43, and P17. In addition we encourage all students to login to their parking portal to register for their permit for this upcoming year,” Martin concluded. 

The overall process of obtaining a parking permit should be quick and easy. Should students have any questions or require assistance, never hesitate to contact parking services at 254-968-9002 or [email protected]